- Historic Firsts
Governor Ige has accomplished many historic firsts that have moved Hawai‘i forward.
- Advanced a state policy that by the year 2045, 100% of the electricity generated in Hawai‘i should come from renewable energy resources.
- Approved a state law that enabled Hawai‘i to join the rest of the world and agree to abide by the Paris Climate Agreement.
- Received a AA+ bond rating for the state which means lower interest rates and more tax dollars to fund projects.
- Approved state funding for Kupuna Care, aiding full-time family caregivers who also have full-time jobs to tap into community resources. AARP Hawai‘i called it a “major win.”
- Sponsored environmental scientists and conservation advocates at the World Conservation Congress - International Union for Conservation of Nature.
- Protect Hawai‘i residents from gun violence by requiring more rigorous FBI gun owner background checks to keep guns out of the hands of stalkers, harassers and the serious mentally ill.
- Advocated raising the smoking age to 21 to deter children and young adults from a deadly habit.
Do you like this page?