Governor Ige is working to double local food production by 2020 to transform our economy and create a more sustainable Hawai‘i.
- Worked with U.S. Department of Agriculture to provide loans for farmers and land for agricultural expansion.
- Developed water and renewable energy resources to support agricultural efforts.
- Established a tax credit to assist and support organic farmers.
- Provided $1.264 million to fund the Rapid Ohia Death fight, and sustain the Ohia tree forests that are the jewel of the Big Island.
- Has doubled the stateʻs land inventory by acquiring more than 2,500 acres of former pineapple and sugar plantation lands for agriculture production.
Do you like this page?